Congratulations to Prof. Amy Van Looy who will represent UGentMIS at the major conference on Business Process Management with two papers accepted for the BPM Forum:
A Quantitative Study Of The Link Between Business Process Management and Digital Innovation.
Elements for Tailoring a BPM Maturity Model to Simplify its Use (with Marie-Therese Christiansson)
For more information on BPM 2017, click HERE
Professors Frederik Gailly and Geert Poels are the program chairs of this years Practice of Enterprise Modeling (PoEM) conference, which is jointly organised with KULeuven. Dr. Ben Roelens is co-chair of the doctoral consortium. We will make something special out of PoEM 2017 as it is its 10th anniversary.
We warmly invite all our UGentMIS colleagues to submit a paper to:
– the main conference (deadline July 23, 2017)
– the doctoral consortium (deadline July 23, 2017)
– the Practicing Open Enterprise Modeling within OMiLAB (PrOse) workshop (deadline August 14, 2017)
– The industry track (deadline September 10, 2017)
For more information on the conference and the calls for papers, click HERE
The authors of the best papers will be invited to extend their paper for submission to a special issue in Business & Information Systems Engineering (2016 ISI Impact Factor 3.392).
We hope to welcome many of our colleagues in Leuven!
Today we hosted the 4th Belgian Process Mining Research Day, where researchers from UHasselt, KU Leuven en UGent met to discuss process mining research.
Prof. Barbara Weber presented a very interesting keynote about process analysis with data stemming from different modalities (such as user interactions, sensor data, etc.)
UGentMIS PhD student Renata Petrevska (Joint PhD with the University of St.Clement Ohridski in Macedonia) was selected as one of three researchers for Elsevier’s ScienceDirect Journeys of Perseverance. Check out her story at Story #2.
In September ’16 we applied together with researchers from UHasselt and KULeuven for Research Foundation – Flanders (FWO) funding on supporting a scientific research community on Process Mining. Recently we received the good news that the FWO accepted our proposal. The grant will mainly leverage international mobility between the flemish and the international partners, to improve collaboration, and to organize symposia on post-doc level.
For your information, the involved partners are:
- Hasselt University
- LIRIS (KULeuven)
- Ugent MIS (Ghent University)
- BusI (Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam)
- Bozen (Free University of Bozen-Bolzano)
- Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya
- DTU (Technical University of Denmark)
- Fondazione Bruno Kessler
- Data61 | CSIRO, Australia
- Queensland University of Technology
- Rutgers University
- University of Tartu
- Eindhoven University of Technology (2 groups)
- Wirtschafstuniversität Wien
The UGent MIS research group has three papers accepted at the 35th International Conference on Conceptual Modeling:
- Main conference paper:
- Michael Verdonck and Frederik Gailly: “Insights on the use and application of ontology and conceptual modeling languages in ontology-driven conceptual modeling”
- QMMQ workshop papers:
- Michael Verdonck and Frederik Gailly: An exploratory analysis on the comprehension of 3D and 4D ontology-driven conceptual models
- Frederik Gailly, Ben Roelens and Giancarlo Guizzardi: The Design of a Core Value Ontology using Ontology Patterns
The tool support and additional description of the PGA method is now available on the website of the Open Models Laboratory.
More information available via: http://book.omilab.org/psm/content/PGA/info
De tool support en beknopte beschrijving van de PGA methode is nu beschikbaar op de website van het Open Models Laboratory.
Meer informatie beschikbaar via: http://book.omilab.org/psm/content/PGA/info
Jan Claes is organising the third Belgian Process Mining Research Day, which will take place at March 22 in Hasselt University. Whoever is involved or interested in Belgian process mining research is welcome to attend this workshop for free. Information and registration instructions can be found at the workshop website http://www.janclaes.info/bpmrd.
During his sabbatical leave in the 2nd semester of the academic year 2015-2016, Geert Poels is visiting the Alarcos research group of the University of Castilla-La Mancha.
Geert Poels from UGentMIS is general co-chair of the 18th IEEE International Conference on Business Informatics. Submit your papers by April 12, 2016. See call for papers at http://cbi2016.cnam.fr