UGentMIS PhD student Renata Petrevska (Joint PhD with the University of St.Clement Ohridski in Macedonia) was selected as one of three researchers for Elsevier’s ScienceDirect Journeys of Perseverance. Check out her story at Story #2.
In September ’16 we applied together with researchers from UHasselt and KULeuven for Research Foundation – Flanders (FWO) funding on supporting a scientific research community on Process Mining. Recently we received the good news that the FWO accepted our proposal. The grant will mainly leverage international mobility between the flemish and the international partners, to improve collaboration, and to organize symposia on post-doc level.
For your information, the involved partners are:
- Hasselt University
- LIRIS (KULeuven)
- Ugent MIS (Ghent University)
- BusI (Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam)
- Bozen (Free University of Bozen-Bolzano)
- Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya
- DTU (Technical University of Denmark)
- Fondazione Bruno Kessler
- Data61 | CSIRO, Australia
- Queensland University of Technology
- Rutgers University
- University of Tartu
- Eindhoven University of Technology (2 groups)
- Wirtschafstuniversität Wien
The UGent MIS research group has three papers accepted at the 35th International Conference on Conceptual Modeling:
- Main conference paper:
- Michael Verdonck and Frederik Gailly: “Insights on the use and application of ontology and conceptual modeling languages in ontology-driven conceptual modeling”
- QMMQ workshop papers:
- Michael Verdonck and Frederik Gailly: An exploratory analysis on the comprehension of 3D and 4D ontology-driven conceptual models
- Frederik Gailly, Ben Roelens and Giancarlo Guizzardi: The Design of a Core Value Ontology using Ontology Patterns
We are hiring a new colleague !!!
Are you interested in Informations Systems / Business Informatics Research and more specific in Business Modeling, Enterprise Architecture, Business Process Management, Conceptual Modeling, … and are you also willing to support our teaching activities ?? Then this position might be something for you !!! More information can be found here.
The tool support and additional description of the PGA method is now available on the website of the Open Models Laboratory.
More information available via: http://book.omilab.org/psm/content/PGA/info
De tool support en beknopte beschrijving van de PGA methode is nu beschikbaar op de website van het Open Models Laboratory.
Meer informatie beschikbaar via: http://book.omilab.org/psm/content/PGA/info
Jan Claes is organising the third Belgian Process Mining Research Day, which will take place at March 22 in Hasselt University. Whoever is involved or interested in Belgian process mining research is welcome to attend this workshop for free. Information and registration instructions can be found at the workshop website http://www.janclaes.info/bpmrd.
This year, the BPM Conference will be held in Brazil (Rio de Janeiro), September 18-22. The call for conference papers is currently open. The call for workshop contributions and participation in the Doctoral Consortium will follow soon.
More info: http://bpm2016.uniriotec.br
Abstract submission: 7 March, 2016
Full papers submission: 14 March, 2016
Notifications: 13 May, 2016
Camera ready papers: 12 June, 2016